If you want to get medical treatment in India for your sickness in that condition India government provide a medical visa for the citizen of other countries. Medical treatment in India is available at much more affordable cost to compare to any other countries in the world with world-class medical facility and top-notch doctors are available in India. Having said that all the ailments are not qualified for a medical visa.
Why get an Indian Medical Visa?
There is several of reasons. First and foremost, India is great with medical facilities and research. In fact, healthcare in India is very economical and different from the rest of the world that it is affordable and you will get specialist doctors to treat you for a fraction of the cost in countries like the USA. Plus, here in India, there is no waiting period or lining ups. Any point of time you can choose which doctor you want to see and as long as he’s free, you can get a consultation from him/her.
For specialty treatment for diseases like Heart, Kidney, Cancer etc, here in India there are world renowned hospitals and getting a Medical visa is the best way to get good quality treatment. In short, getting an Indian Medical Visa is a good choice because of following reasons,
Who can apply for Indian Medical Visa?
A Medical Visa is given to patients who is looking for medical treatment in reputed, specialized hospitals/treatment centers in India. The hospital in which you are applying that has to be approved by the Government of India to be able to issue a visa. Max two people are allowed to accompany the applicant and they has to be the blood relatives of the patient. Also, their visas will be separate from the patient’s and are called Medical Attendant (MED X) visa , although they also have the same validity as the patient’s medical visa.
Applicant (patient) must have recommendation from the doctor who is treating him / her in origin country on the basis of preliminary checkup. This can be obtained from the hospital and get official documents of recommendation from the Doctors there.
– The treatment should be significant in nature, such as neurosurgery, heart surgery, organ transplant, joint replacement, gene therapy, and plastic surgery. All other diseases may not qualify for a medical visa.
– Max two additional medical attendant visas will be issued for people to accompany the patient and Attendants has to be blood relative of patient, who are coming to India for Medical treatment. They shall be granted Medical Attendant visa (MED X) in arrangement with medical Visa of the patient traveling to India.
– Attendants can be spouse/ children or those having blood relations with the patient.
– Not more than two attendants may be allowed.
For what medical conditions can you get a Medical visa to India?
Serious diseases like neuro-surgery; ophthalmic disorders; heart-related problems; renal disorders; organ transplantation; congenital disorders; gene-therapy; radio-therapy; plastic surgery; joint replacement, etc are eligible to apply for a Medical visa in India.
Process of getting Indian Medical Visa
Documents required for Medical Visa to India
– Passport with 6 month validity
– Recent Passport size photographs
– Photo copy of passport
– Copy of online Visa application form
– Proof of Residential Address
– Recommendation from home country doctor to visit particular specialized medical center for treatment
– Passport copy of attendant (for Attendant visas)
– Proof of relationship with attendant (for Attendant visas)
– Medical reports from your doctor/medical institution
How long are Medical visas issued and can you get extensions?
Medical visas in India are issued for maximum one year, or if you get cured early, then until then. Medical attendant visas are also valid for the same period. However, you can get an extension if you need more time for treatment. This can be applied online through the same process in India or at the Indian Embassy in your country.